No subject

Fri Jan 7 21:01:49 CET 2011

techniques pioneered
by Max/Miller/Vercoe/etc have always found their way into popular
music. The comment
about braindance as well was also noted, and I enjoy that music.

It was originally Brian Transeau that got me interested about Csound
and what it was
early on. I didn't like it then and needed a few more years of sound
design experience, but it's wonderful now with csound~ as an external
in maxforlive and all of the tools Csound has now.

I just think in many ways there is too much emphasis on experimenting.
A better way
to say this is I tend to like Debussy more than I like Schoenberg,
Stockhausen, or Cage.
There are simply lots of aspects of 20th century contemporary academic
music that are just
strange to me. I also agree with the statement on Kraftwerk. They took
what was there and made it marketable.

Same goes for bands like Skinny Puppy and Nine Inch Nails in contrast
to stuff like Throbbing Gristle and Einsturzende Neubaten. (though
they've toned down lately)

If you go on youtube and search up The Beatles and Yoko Ono you may
find this video
where Yoko Ono is telling the beatles to play randomly on their
instruments to create noise
music while she shrieks and makes weird noises. The Beatles are
capable of making
excellent music, but this was really bad.

It was more a philosophical question/rant than anything really.
Experimental music
in the sense of drones and so on is quite new in the scene, not
historically though
since many other tribal cultures had it too and perhaps that's
partially where it comes from.