[PD] [GEM] pix_film mjpeg crash

Bastiaan van den Berg buzz at spacedout.nl
Sun Feb 13 16:08:25 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 15:01, Luka Princic // Nova deViator <
nova at deviator.si> wrote:

> been reading some previous discussions, and it seems like the best
> codec for pix_film is mjpeg, as in not-cpu-expensive. if i encode my
> movies with ffmpeg with parameters

I usually follow the following workflow for encoding :

First I grab some video from a random source and run it through mencoder to
get a mjpeg avi without sound :

# mencoder INPUT -o OUTPUT -ovc lavc -lavcopts vbitrate=1800:vcodec=mjpeg
-nosound
( these files work perfectly in veejay btw )

Then I run it through ffmpeg to turn it into a quicktime file :

# ffmpeg -i INPUT(.avi) -vcodec copy OUTPUT(.mov)

You should find that pix_film has no problem opening the resulting .mov
files :)

Enjoy!

--
buZz