[PD] Sigmund~ and tracks.

J bz jbeezez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:20:48 CET 2011

Thanks guys, that's really helpful - got things a bit straighter.

So can I say for clarification (and I noticed it came up on an earlier
thread when (of the top of my head) someone was asking why the attack
settings didn't work for tracks and they had to use [env~] -
vibrato
stabletime
minpower
growth

Have no effect when in 'tracks' mode./?

Not really sure what to do with the viola d'amore source sounds if they are
just not going to be stable.  Having the huge hop & npts settings seems
kinda counter-productive and also introduces a significant delay.  I guess
if I want a smoother sound I could always sample and loop a small portion of
the viola sound as he plays.  My thinking atm is to go with the sound from
sigmund 'cos that IS the sound.

BTW,  I started out with fiddle~ and sigmund is much more responsive and
more importantly better sounding.

Anyway back to the flags and my attacks and decays I guess.

Very best wishes,

Julian