[PD] data structure array not mouse editable

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 01:22:51 CET 2011

--- On Sat, 2/19/11, patko <colet.patrice at free.fr> wrote:

> From: patko <colet.patrice at free.fr>
> Subject: Re: [PD] data structure array not mouse editable
> To: "pd-list" <pd-list at iem.at>
> Date: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
> I've just seen that an array of array
> is now mouse editable
>
> so is there an option to make an array not mouse editable,
> or to disable mouse edition of x or y or w?

No, because there is no way to tell when the user is actively changing
the value of an array element.  There is output from [struct] if you're
changing the value of a float or symbol field, however, so for non-array
fields you can create a hack that immediately sets any value changed by
mouse interaction back to its previous value.

For array elements:
You can use [table] or a "Put" menu array as the real array data, and
have your ds array poll that data periodically with a [metro whatever].
Each time you poll, set reset the ds array elements to the corresponding
elements of [table].  So the user can change the values, but they go
back to their real values the next time you poll.

-Jonathan