[PD] [PD-announce] preQiew: a preview window for Gem

Husk 00 husk00 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:30:31 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Marco Donnarumma wrote:
>
>> Hi Luca,thanks for sharing this!  looks very handy.. However, I'm testing
>> the cpu usage, and I noticed a +50% in the cpu load when creating the
>> preview. I understand [preqiew] run another instance of Pd, but such load is
>> possibly caused by the shared texture... I tested with a [cube] too, with
>> the same result. Does the overload happen with you?
>
> I have worse news... If I open preqiew-help.pd, create a preview window,
> then close that patch, then try to create a new patch, the original
> 'pdextended' process crashes (Erreur de Segmentation), while its gui
> survives (why would that be ?) and the 'pdextended -nogui' survives too.
>
> But just after that, I noticed that merely opening the patch and closing it,
> without creating a preview window, also causes a similar weird crash while
> quitting pd. In that case, though, it looks like the main process
> «terminated normally» except that it doesn't close the other processes.

Ehy Mathieu,
thanks for test it!
Try the new version please.
It uses now [pd~] and the freeze thing doesn't happen anymore.
Note that in my case in order to use pd~ I had to compile pd vanilla
(0.42-5) because pd~ from extended it's broken to me (it's look for
/usr/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui).
download it:
https://code.autistici.org/trac/planetQ/wiki/preQiew

let me know
husk

__
"when Art become pratical, we call it technology, when Technology
become uselesswe call it Art"
Song hojun

www.estereotips.net