[PD] math + music examples

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 23:33:08 CET 2011

[pd twinkle-twinkle-or-something]

[expr $f1 ???] <- put operators and numbers here!

[pd some-oscillator~]
|   \
[dac~]

Or just have them use arbitrary binops in place of expr if you want to
go that way.

In other words, give them a way to just hack away at a specific part
of the object chain, then you can go in a lot of different directions.
Like just showing them how + or - can change the key, to scaling the
melody with / and *, and then really hacking away at it with % and
random.  You could do the same thing but in terms of rhythm (or
harmony, or texture).

Then have a contest to see who can get it to sound the furthest from the original melody.  Exploit their natural inclinations to exploit
their natural inclinations.

-Jonathan