[PD] overriding objects

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 24 18:50:32 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> "so if you load a patch with 87 [print]'s in there, what information do
> you get if Pd prints 86 times 'dear user\, you are using matju's special
> [print]\, which has problems with parens.'"

BTW, GF's [print] problems have been fixed. Parens such as [print f(x)]
are allowed since 9.12, and parens in messages have lost their special
meaning as of 9.13.

It took me a long time to do it because I still haven't dealt with some of
the consequences of the 9.13 change, but I decided to go ahead anyway
because I had postponed it too much, and the negative consequences mostly
affect only some lesser-used features, not [print].

I also made a bunch of small changes to make GF's [print] closer to Pd's
[print].