[PD] Data Structures GOP and installing latest PD

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:32:42 CEST 2011

>> I didn't know you could GOP data structures.
>> This opens up a new world.
>> Where is an up to date tutorial on using data structures?

you can use gop with any graphical object. you can see some objects of my
"library", jmmmp at pd-extended/extra - like [sliders], [swatch] or
specially [bezier]. there are some bugs, like in [bezier] if one of the
control points gets out of the gop area, the data strucutres stop
responding to the graphic input; but they still keep working.

one other thing is the scaling, usually the data-s takes the whole canvas
of the gop patch, but appears correctly. also, since data structures can't
be saved using $0-variables, if you want a dynamic, multi-use patch, you
might need to do some trickery, like generating the scalars with loadbang.

etc. etc... maybe people will start using them now and then more often, if
they see how useful they can be.

João Pais