[PD] Data Structures GOP and installing latest PD

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:41:17 CEST 2011

João and Jonathon,

Thanks for the information.

If you set the canvas size to 1,1 the subpatch shows up about the same
size as the default array canvas size. I done some experimenting with
setting gop with pd-pdsubpatch and not donecanvasdialog but the other
message with fewer arguments. Couldn't you just send the canvas a
message to tell it whether it is a text atom or a graph? I looked
through the code for quite a while but could not find how this could
be done.

I read somewhere that even if gui elements are not drawn in  a
subpatch they take use a lot of cpu.
Is this true? How much processing goes on for  gui elements when not visible?