[PD] need a workaround for detecting movement in Mac OS

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:47:18 CEST 2011

On 04/05/2011 04:33 PM, chris clepper wrote:
> I used pix_movement and blob for basic motion detection for years.  I
> gated the video signal so it would only output every half second or
> second

How do you gate the video signal? That may be exactly the workaround I need

> Try setting the GEM framerate to the
> advertised frame rate of your device and see if that helps.

Yes it does help, it fixes the problem completely. But that is not an
option if i need to produce graphical output at a higher framerate. It's
ok to detect the movement at a rate equal to or lower than the camera
frame rate, but i can't lower the whole gem framerate because that will
affect video output.