[PD] [PD-announce] workshop: Pd as your embeddable audio engine

Peter Brinkmann peter.brinkmann at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:55:14 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 6:59 AM, patrick <puredata at 11h11.com> wrote:

>  Also, is pdlib just with pd-vanilla, or is it possible to use externals
>> with it?
>>

> yes, i use Gem with libpd.

Two comments:

(a)  Awesome!  Would you mind telling us more about your project?

(b) Every once in a while I find myself tempted to port Gem to Android, but
then I wonder whether this would actually make sense.  Essentially, the way
I see it, Gem maps a subset of OpenGL into Pd and controls graphics with Pd
messages.  With libpd, you can use OpenGL directly in your client code and
still exchange messages with Pd, and chances are that it'll be easier to do
the math for OpenGL outside of Pd.  Any thoughts?

Cheers,
      Peter