[PD] Graph a circle arc in an array?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Apr 9 08:12:31 CEST 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Tyler Leavitt wrote:

> I am trying to graph a section of a circle into an array. I have been
> trying to wrap my head around [sin] and [cos] but none of my
> configurations get results. If you had a circle with radius 100 with a
> center at (0, 0) I'm trying to get the upper right quadrant (positive x
> and positive y). The start point being (100,0) and the end point being
> (0,100).
>
> Any ideas on moving forward?

use angles between 0 and pi/2 = 1.5708

putting those into [cos] and [sin] will give you values for a circle of
radius 1 at (0,0). For different radiuses you apply [*] after that.

quadrants and clockwiseness depend on which axis uses [cos], which axis
uses [sin], and which direction of each axis is positive. There are
several standards for those things.