[PD] Arduino, any feedback to help me choose the model?

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:44:58 CEST 2011

Hi Pedro, thank you for this quick response.
- Yes, size does matter, because it all needs to fit in a stombox. But the
boards don't seem to be to large anyway...
- Price matters too (i'm not gonna buy the one at at 130 or something).
- What is multiplex? I need something like 12 simple switches (digital
inputs??), and maybe 3 or 4 analog inputs (i v'e read on their website that
one can have up to 6, is that right?). The only thing that really matters
concerning the analog inputs is the "resolution". I just read somwhere on
their website that one board outputs integers from 0 to a little more than
1000 for it's analog inputs. If this is true, this would mean than i would
get a resolution that's a little less than 10 times higher than that of my
gamepad. But there seems to be different boards with different a difference
resolution (i'm assuming it's 8, 16 or 32 bit, am i right?). I don't know if
i can order any pre-assembled model with any board.

I also saw that the board could power LEDs. This could be very interesting,
because i'm going to assign a switch to the connection of the expression
pedal (analog) with certain parts of my patch. So for instance at startup
the pedal controls effect 1, and if i push the button i goes to effect 2,
etc., and only goes back to effect 1 after it's reached the last
pedal-controlled effect. So it'd be nice to have one LED for each effect on
my stompbox so that i know exactly which one is currently controlled by the
pedal. Do you think I could program this easily?

Pierre