[PD] Arduino, any feedback to help me choose the model?

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Sun Apr 10 16:12:36 CEST 2011

Pierre Massat wrote:

> I also saw that the board could power LEDs. This could be very interesting,

Yes, but the Digital Input are "shared" with the digital outputs. So if
you put a button on a line, you cannot put a led too. You have up to 12
inputs/outputs IN TOTAL. You choose in your program if you want
something to be a input or an output.

Given your questions (no offense), I would go with a Mega board and not
bother with multiplexing yet. That way you get a fully assembled,
ready-to-use 50 inputs/outputs for your leds and buttons, + 16 analog
inputs, with plenty of program space.

--
Charles