[PD] Arduino, any feedback to help me choose the model?

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Sun Apr 10 16:56:33 CEST 2011

You can filter out some noise if that happens. I have done several arduino
projects (namely public installations or sculptures with sensors), one thing
I learned is that you can always filter the (some) noise, by ignoring some
values and so forth.
Another fun aspect is that in public installations whenever I connected the
arduino to the AC power outlets (instead of battery) the noise was much
higher. (which makes sense, since AC powers of houses, steet, etc.. are
actually noisy (have you ever noticed that AC induces noise on most laptop
on-board sound-cards - due to ground loop and so forth) )

>use i wanted to use a pot to control a delay length (you can hear gliches
if the delay length jumps from one value to another rapidly).
But don't panic about it, its workable. You can defined thresholds, and if
it varies withing a certain range you will not consider as the pot has
moved, if you do not have noise: even better. But electricity is not
perfect, components are definitely not perfect either :)

Best,
Pedro

--
Pedro Lopes (MSc)