[PD] [playlist] for win32 [was:Re: What version of GEM should I use with pd 0.43-0 vanilla]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Apr 11 17:24:16 CEST 2011

On Apr 11, 2011, at 1:40 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> ----- "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at> a écrit :
>
>> On Apr 10, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>>

>>> I'm wondering why the method isn't as same as in ggee/getdir to get
>>
>>> current dir, that would be a simple cross-platform method,
>>> following wildcards in externals/Makefile we need to have it
>>> compiled for getting pianoroll and probalizer to work.
>>
>> Looks like you got it working anyhow :)  I don't quite understand
>> what
>>
>> you mean about the getdir code, can you explain more?
>>

> The method in playlist.c call a function only available in unix
> systems while in getdir it uses canvas_getdir(),
> available on any platform, it was simplier for me to just replace
> getenv( "PWD" ) by _getcwd (path, _MAX_DIR) .
>
> For the information scandir() code for mingw has been taken from
> another mailing list:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/developer@arabeyes.org/msg03153.html
>

>>> lame DLL's doesn't seem to be provided by pdx installer, so I had to
>>
>>> compile it for having the mp3* externals working,
>>> I guess that anyone that doesn't have access to a compiler couldn't
>>
>>> run those pdx externals,
>>

>> The problem with LAME is that it covers algorithms that are patented
>>
>> in a number of countries, so its not easily distributable.  That's
>> why
>>
>> LAME is not in Debian, for example, and distributed as source code
>> only in other distros.
>>
>> .hc
>>

> Okay I see, anyway I can't get the mp3 streaming externals working
> correctly.

Also, it looks like cooled~ isn't building and its now included in the
Windows build:

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2011-04-11/logs/2011-04-11_03.31.01_mingw32_nt-5.1_windowsxp-i386_pd-extended.txt

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne