[PD] delay lines

samuel rowe samueldavidrowe at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 12:15:19 CEST 2011

I have been searching extensively on the internet for how to do this, but I can't find anything. I'm just struggling to visualize how I would do this, especially as one would need to read and write right->left.
I had a read about wrap, and how it outputs the difference between the input and nearest integer, like the output of 1.75 would be 0.25. How would this replace two phasors?
So one phasor would be used to read, then another one would trail slightly behind writing?

Do you know of any examples or tutorials on continually reading and writing into an array, whilst incrementing the index?

oh, and after much reading I have discovered that although you can read out of a delay line at any point, you can not drop in at a place and write (ie.you cannot write at the 50msec point in a 200msec delay line)
so it looks like tables really are the way forward.

Thanks
Samuel