[PD] [wiimote] accelerometer data missing?

Jason Plumb jason at noisybox.net
Tue Apr 12 09:02:06 CEST 2011

Hi list.

I've got [wiimote] compiled and almost working with 0.43
vanilla...except that the accelerometer data doesn't seem to be working.

I've got (what I think is a) latest generation black wiimote with
built-in Motion Plus, and my testing was without the nunchuck or
anything attached.

I can discover the device and the help patch shows all the button
presses and I can toggle the LEDs and vibrator using the help patch, but
even after clicking the toggle the accelerator data is just absent.

I believe that an extra blank line shows up in the Pd console when I
send the accel activation message, but aside from that there's just
nothing.

I read the blurb in the [wiimote] readme about the problems with older
versions of libcwiid, but I've got 0.6.00+svn201-2+b2 from debian sid,
which I believe is pretty damn close to the latest...

Has anybody experienced this?  Any suggestions other than compiling
libcwiid myself and trying out the motionplus_sensitivity patch?

Thanks!

-jason
http://noisybox.net