[PD] OT Audio Player HELP!

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Fri Apr 15 22:29:28 CEST 2011

Dear pd Friends
I have a sort of OT question that i thought i would post here

I have a friend who is doing an installation for a doctors office and he sent me these three requests

He is using linux, i am pretty sure ubuntu and gnome

he needs it to

1.) Network controlled audio player
2.) cross fade songs on command not just at end of song
3.) be command line or tcp socket

i thought maybe esd or ecasound might do it but it loks like they do not
Any suggestions would be appreciated, the office opens monday and he, while a good programmer needs a quick fix for the ribbon cutting

Can PD perform this without GUI?

thanks!

pp