[PD] gridflow issues

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Apr 17 16:14:36 CEST 2011

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, yvan volochine wrote:

> trying to debug a patch using gridflow-0.12

There's no leading 0 since a year ago. It would have been 0.9.12 but now
it's like 9.12. It has never been 0.12.

> on pd-extended-0.42.5 (ubuntu-lucid), I have some issues:
> - some tcl errors at pd startup[1]:
> (tcl) invalid command name ".xb6cde8.c"
> while executing ".xb6cde8.c delete gf08c44168"

That doesn't look like a pd (0.)42 error message style. Are you sure that
you aren't doing it with a pd (0.)43 ?

> and then (30 or more): .x8e3b590 no such object

Haven't seen that. I could check with pd (0.)43 again to see whether
that's the bug that GridFlow had with it.

> - then I tried to build gridflow-0.13 but it does not find half of the
> headers and I have a couple of gcc errors just with ./configure (libs
> not found are libdc1394, libmpeg3, quicktime, ... although they are all
> installed and can all be found in /usr/include)

Send me your config.log.

> ps: ruby-1.8.7 and gcc/g++-4.4.3
> pps: gridflow-0.12 was installed from a *.deb
> [1] those errors go away if I remove gridflow/abstractions from the pd-path

Ah, GridFlow needs add its own path elements to the pd-path, and it
doesn't remove any conflicting ones that it may see. This may cause a
problem when upgrading to 9.13 from 9.12.

I don't know of any way to automatically fix this. So, you just have to
remove the gridflow/abstractions item and... there's a gridflow/deprecated
folder to be removed too, and perhaps gridflow/doc/flow_classes (though
that's a -helppath instead).