[PD] gridflow issues

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 17:32:23 CEST 2011

On 04/17/2011 04:14 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, yvan volochine wrote:
>
>> trying to debug a patch using gridflow-0.12
>
> There's no leading 0 since a year ago. It would have been 0.9.12 but now
> it's like 9.12. It has never been 0.12.

yes of course I meant 9.12

>> on pd-extended-0.42.5 (ubuntu-lucid), I have some issues:
>> - some tcl errors at pd startup[1]:
>> (tcl) invalid command name ".xb6cde8.c"
>> while executing ".xb6cde8.c delete gf08c44168"
>
> That doesn't look like a pd (0.)42 error message style. Are you sure
> that you aren't doing it with a pd (0.)43 ?

indeed, I tried with both and the tcl error is on pd-0.43

>> and then (30 or more): .x8e3b590 no such object
>
> Haven't seen that. I could check with pd (0.)43 again to see whether
> that's the bug that GridFlow had with it.

this appears also on pd-extended-0.42.5

>> - then I tried to build gridflow-0.13 but it does not find half of the
>> headers and I have a couple of gcc errors just with ./configure (libs
>> not found are libdc1394, libmpeg3, quicktime, ... although they are
>> all installed and can all be found in /usr/include)
>
> Send me your config.log.

here it is:
http://pastebin.com/cPKhKSWQ

>> ps: ruby-1.8.7 and gcc/g++-4.4.3
>> pps: gridflow-0.12 was installed from a *.deb
>> [1] those errors go away if I remove gridflow/abstractions from the
>> pd-path
>
> Ah, GridFlow needs add its own path elements to the pd-path, and it
> doesn't remove any conflicting ones that it may see. This may cause a
> problem when upgrading to 9.13 from 9.12.
>
> I don't know of any way to automatically fix this. So, you just have to
> remove the gridflow/abstractions item and... there's a
> gridflow/deprecated folder to be removed too, and perhaps
> gridflow/doc/flow_classes (though that's a -helppath instead).

it seems that my friend needs those abstractions so I dunno what to do next.
that's why I tried to build 9.13, I thought that the bugs in the patch
(random freezes, shutdown etc) might be related to those missing
canvas/objects but I'm not sure..

cheers,
_y

ps: I uploaded to ruby-1.9.1 just in case but same problems with
building (and I don't see any new gcc/g++ in the ubuntu repos)