[PD] Toggle Status

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 20:26:12 CEST 2011

--- On Sat, 4/23/11, Saul <saul at atonic.com> wrote:

> From: Saul <saul at atonic.com>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Toggle Status
> To: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 6:00 PM
> Hi All,
>
> I'm sure this has been asked many times, but nothing comes
> up in an archive search.
>
> I'm using a multiple toggles to activate each element of a
> sequence. Is it possible to interrogate the status of a
> toggle or in fact any gui object.

I haven't used it, but
there's a patch on the tracker that adds a "get" method to tgl:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2419952&group_id=55736&atid=478072

I think matju's #many abstraction is probably your best bet.

As for other GUIs-- [cnv] has a get_pos method to report it's x y position
in a patch.

Also, I started coding a "get" method for canvases, which happens to do
what Miller describes in his comment about the above patch.

-Jonathan