[PD] multiple [udpreceive n] instances

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at goto10.org
Wed May 4 14:02:32 CEST 2011

On 04/05/11 12:32, Jamie Bullock wrote:
> What I want to do is instantiate [udpreceive 5000] and then another [udpreceive 5000] I get the same data to both objects.
> Alternatively, can anyone suggest away to achieve the same result with the existing objects?

You could (but see caveat below) make an abstraction [myudpreceive]:

----8<----
[udpreceive $1]

[send MYUDPRECEIVE-$1]

[receive MYUDPRECEIVE-$1]

[outlet]

The top half will only work in one instance but the bottom half will
work in all of them.

But: expect problems if you delete the original instance with the
working/instantiated [udpreceive]... so probably better to have one
"toplevel" / "master" [udpreceive] that sends to a global receive name.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org