[PD] auto-completion with popup [was: 3 new gui-plugins]

yvan volochine yvan.pd at gmail.com
Sat May 7 13:58:48 CEST 2011

hi hans, thanks for testing

> On Mac OS X, I can't select the

the ??

> Why did you need to override ::dialog_font::ok? Perhaps something needs
> to be fixed so you don't need to do that.

to be able to change the completion fontsize on the fly when changing
the fontsize via ::dialog_font instead of editing *.cfg, restarting, etc
I forgot to use the config(font_size) there btw, will fix that

> little bugs:
> - type a letter in the box, highlight the letter with the mouse, then
> hit Tab, and I get a Tcl error
> - arrow keys or typing doesn't work in pop-up menu

on which OS ?
I can't reproduce any of those neither on linux nor osx (tcl-8.5).

there seem to be weird focus thingz going on on os x.
I'll try to simplify the whole focus behavior.

> A couple little suggestions:
> - for simplicity's sake, the namespace should be named the same as the
> plugin, perhaps the plugin could also be called 'completion'.

makes sense, I'll do that

> - pd will automatically post which plugins its loaded if you switch the
> Pd window to the debug level, so you probably don't need the pdtk_post
> at the end.

IMHO it would be better to see what kind of extra libs/plugins are
loaded without debug level (it's easy to forget that you have this
maybe-buggy thing in your path).
I'd vote for posting those by default.

cheers,
_y