[PD] auto-completion with popup [was: 3 new gui-plugins]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat May 7 19:46:15 CEST 2011

On May 7, 2011, at 10:05 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 05/07/2011 01:58 PM, yvan volochine wrote:
>>
>> IMHO it would be better to see what kind of extra libs/plugins are
>> loaded without debug level (it's easy to forget that you have this
>> maybe-buggy thing in your path).
>> I'd vote for posting those by default.
>
> i'd do a gui-plugin that raises the debug-level.

That's always a possibility, you can set the default debug level with
a one liner like:

set ::loglevel 4

As for what should be the default behavior, that's a tough question.
I've heard from a lot of newbies that having lots of text in the Pd
window at startup is quite intimidating, so I think its good to really
only show errors and strong warnings by default.  More advanced users
can hopefully figure out how to set the log level.

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra