[PD] four PS3 Eye on Mac Pro and Pd-ext and GEM

Jack jack at rybn.org
Thu May 19 11:00:28 CEST 2011

Thanx Mathieu,

I will give it a try with your tips.
I have started to install Ubuntu 10.04 on the Mac Pro and i think i will
use this OS.

In fact, i am crazy because i have installed two ATI Radeon HD 5770 on
this Mac Pro (version 5.1). Each card has 2 Mini Display Ports and 1 DVI
port. On the Apple website it is write each graphic card accept a
resolution of 2560x1600 px. When i plug 2 TV screen (HDMI and each
screen with 1280x768px) on the 2 Mini Display Port on one card (with an
adapter Mini Display Port/HDMI), it works fine. But if i use the second
card with the same configuration (so 4 TV screen on the 4 Mini Display
Port), it seems the computer have not enough power, the Finder quit each
10 second.
I use MacOSX.6.6 and this is not the lastest version (the lastest is
X.6.7 and maybe it is working with this version but now i have no time
to test this config).

With Ubuntu, the sytem start to load then the 4 screens stay black. I
have to unplug the 2 cables on one graphic card to boot normaly. So i
can only use 2 screens.

I don't know where is the problem (power ? Apple computers ?).
If someone have any experience on this problem, i will be happy to
listen him.

Now, the solution that i am going to use :
1 Mac Pro with Ubuntu and one graphic card (ATI Radeon HD 5770)
1 PC with Ubuntu and one graphic card (NVidia GT 440 or NVidia GTX 460)
++

Jack