[PD] rockafella time-stretcher

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jun 26 16:50:37 CEST 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011, Patrice Colet wrote:

> The stretch works good but something very strange is happening, let me
> try to explain, when the read point reaches the middle of the soundfile
> a noise is appearing, and I couldn't determine why, it sounds like a
> buffer overflow, or a little distortion. this is happening when both
> tempo have the same amount. Maybe the method for reading a soundfile is
> different when using [line~]?

Is it because [line~] reaches 1 for a little time before being reset to
0 ? Thus when multiplied by the number of elements, it generates an
out-of-range index, used several times. Combined with a cos(something)
that doesn't give exactly zero anymore (because the out-of-range can last
up to 63 or 64 samples), this might allow the click to be heard ?

(I haven't thought about it in detail, though.)

BTW where is the corrected patch that you said you made using [phasor~] ?