[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jul 6 04:35:44 CEST 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 10:15 PM, Ignacio Aguirre wrote:

>   Today I downloaded the version
> Pd-0.43.1-extended-macosx106-x86_64.dmg and installed it on OSX 10.6.8
>
>   I got a couple of errors, i write to the list to see if is mine or
> software problems ...
>
>   - At pd opening, the pd main window doesnt appears, I have to make
> cmd + r to view it.

That's an odd one, could you send the contents of the debug log?  In
the Pd window, change the log level to 'debug', and copy and paste the
contents.

>   - gem is not loading (I have not pix_video, pix_texture, gemhead,
> etc etc etc objects)
>  the main window prints at startup:
>
> /Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20110705.app/Contents/Resources/
> Scripts/../extra/Gem/Gem.pd_darwin:
> dlopen (/Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20110705.app/Contents/
> Resources/Scripts/../extra/Gem/Gem.pd_darwin,
> 10): Symbol not found: __Z10initGemWinv
>    Referenced from:
> /Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20110705.app/Contents/Resources/
> Scripts/../extra/Gem/Gem.pd_darwin
>    Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> Gem: can not load library

no 64-bit builds of Gem on Mac OS X yet, but it should be possible to
get a gstreamer/gmerlin based 64-bit Gem Mac OS X build out without
too much work, with IOhannes' new plugin backend.  Or even better,
someone could write Gem plugins for the Quicktime APIs that Apple did
not port to 64-bit.

.hc