[PD] reorg of puredata.info/docs/developer

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jul 6 17:52:31 CEST 2011

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:36 +0200, "András Murányi" <muranyia at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 00:12, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> wrote:
>

> > I should, there is a specific question of whether these two are still
> > needed:
> >
> > http://puredata.info/docs/**developer/64BitLinux<http://puredata.info/docs/developer/64BitLinux>
> > http://puredata.info/docs/**developer/**BuildingPdExtended64bitUbuntuI**
> > ntrepid<http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdExtended64bitUbuntuIntrepid>
> >
> > 0.43 should work fine on all 64-bit systems (never tested Windows tho).
> >
> > .hc
> >

> Well, do these apply to to 0.42 in any way? If not any more, they can go.
> However, it could be nice to have a short writeup on the history of
> 64-bit
> in Pd, most importantly stating the version from which it does not make a
> difference any more.
>
> Andras

That's a good idea.  As far as I know, Pd vanilla 0.42.5 was the first
version that was fully usable on 64-bit.  Pd-extended 0.43 is the first
version where the all the libs are expected to run on 64-bit (at least
on GNU/Linux, still no Gem on Mac OS X).  Here's my quick stab at this
page and I don't even have a 64-bit OS.  Can the 64-bit people add and
edit this to something useful :-D

http://puredata.info/docs/64BitSupport