[PD] a smooth crossfade for "equal" signals (freezing/unfreezing)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 04:07:19 CEST 2011

Hi Pd people, I need help from the masters.

I'm doing a freezing/unfreezing patch, and I'm dealing with cross fading
into and out of the freeze state.

I'm actually using an oscilator bank that's being fed by sigmund~, it's
actually freezing just perfectly the way I did, that's the easy part, just
freeze the oscilators. Now when it unfreezes back, I need a cross fade to
avoid clicks. So nothing too fancy. And I've done that alright by using
delay~ to hold on a bit to the past and do the crossfade.

So the thing now is how to crossfade from the frozen signal to the slightly
delayed frozen copy. This is not actually working that bad, but sometimes it
is just not 100%, and you can fell a tiny difference. What to do, huh?

it's something like this

osc~
|\
| \
|  delay~

then line~ obects for cross fading

After I freeze I go to the delayed signal, and cross fade back when I
unfreeze

thanks for any help
Alex