[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 07:48:13 CEST 2011

--- On Sat, 7/9/11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

[...]

> The problem with forks is if improvements don't migrate
> upstream.

I think it's both a problem-with and a cause-of.

> Then we don't benefit from sharing the
> fixes.  Making things migrate upstream takes time in
> itself.

How does one figure out who has the responsibility to make sure things migrate upstream (for example: [initbang] and [closebang])?

> Try getting a patch into the Linux kernel,
> that'll make Pd seem like cake ;-)

Yes, I would hope that making changes to the core of the largest free software project in the history of computing is a wee bit more difficult than making changes to Pd.

-Jonathan