[PD] Controlling pd patch from mobile phone

Jordi Sala poperbu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 10:20:04 CEST 2011

hi,

A simple example of controlling Puredata (GEM+audio) with Android + andOSC
(market) via Wifi with OSC messages.

http://vimeo.com/19887948

A simple example of controlling Puredata (GEM) with Android + FingerPlay (
thesundancekid.net/​blog/​fingerplay-midi/
<http://thesundancekid.net/blog/fingerplay-midi/>)
via Wifi with OSC messages.

http://vimeo.com/19888553

On 9 July 2011 09:14, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> or depending how smart your smartphone is, some kind of network control
> could
> be possible as well. For iPhone there are nice OSC interfaces like murmur,
> probably Android has something similar, or, if Pd/RjDj is available, just
> use
> netsend/netreceive. You probably need to know the IP-number of your
> computer,
> though.
>
> Ciao
> --
> Frank
>
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 12:31:32AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > I think the easiest way would be to use the bluetooth as a serial port,
> > so you want the [comport] object.
> >
> > .hc
> >
> > On Jul 8, 2011, at 10:16 PM, adam sanches wrote:
> >
> >> Hello list, i need to control a pd patch in a computer from a smart
> >> phone. I would like to use the smart phone as a wireless control
> >> device for controlling the patch in the computer.
> >>
> >> Can i send data from my mobile phone to a pd patch in my computer
> >> using bluetooth?  how can i do this?Do anybody have tried this?
> >>

> >> Thanks
> >>

> >> A.

> > I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
> > that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
> > Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler

> --
>  Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__

Jordi Sala
http://musa.poperbu.net