[PD] Comport can't read serial devices when soundcard is plugged in

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 9 17:43:18 CEST 2011

It's very likely the sound card is using a lot more bandwidth of the USB
hub than the arduino. If it's not a laptop you can usually plug into a
different hub on the same machine.
The random dropouts of the serial connection sound like a problem with
the cable or connectors, or else something is plugged into the arduino
that's taking too much current from the USB.

Martin