[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 11 06:36:21 CEST 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 11:28 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> [...]

For connections/cords, you've illustrated it well.  Pd only tracks
whether they are connected or not, so it doesn't need to know the
position, especially during creation.  For moving boxes, Pd would
mostly not need to know about the location, GUI objects would, but
that would be within the GUI object.  The one thing I can think of
where Pd needs to know the location is with inlets and outlets, since
the position could change the program.

Changing the connection logic to be entirely in the GUI would be a
good place to start on this.  I think pd-gui would just need to
communicate using the 'connect' message, then the disconnect, and
which cord is under the magic glass.

.hc