[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 12 03:31:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Does A_CANT actually work?

Well, maybe it doesn't... ;)

> Also, what if someone is parsing arbitrary sequences of anythings-- say,
> with [route] or any number of other objects that have an anything
> method?  Now those objectclasses have to choose between truly accepting
> any selector, or being helpful and having a tooltip.

That's the problem with "loadbang" and "dsp" already, and the fact that
those things aren't named "__loadbang__" and "__dsp__", or better,
"!@#$%^&*()loadbang" and "<?+[]dsp", to make them unreachable by accident.

Alternately, they could be put in a parallel universe (a completely
insulated namespace), such as Pd's already existing freefn,
widgetbehavior, parentwidgetbehavior, savefn and propertiesfn... or
else... I think that GF still uses a pseudo-inlet number -1 for internal
use.