[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 14 03:51:26 CEST 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Well in that case, I don't see any need whatsoever for an "assist"
> method.  Just have pd lookup the methods and display them.  If one needs
> more information than that, the help patch is just two clicks away.

That'll be great for learning GridFlow, as all it'll ever say is :

   anything

because GridFlow has its own method-lookup system. That's one example of
what an assist-method slot could help with. This is also usually the way
that methods are registered in pd bindings for lua, tcl, and probably
several more.

Another totally different example is what you're supposed to do to hide
kludges like the bunch of methods registered under the name "ft1" that
exist because pd's internals make it easier to that than to have non-first
inlets act independently of first-inlets.