[PD] MinGW + Eclipse + MSWIN helloworld

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:19:42 CEST 2011

Hi all,

i'm beginning hacking pd externals, I'm trying to use Eclipse Helios (3.6)
with

   1. CDT Version: 7.0.2.201102110609
   Build id: 201102110609
   2. pd-extended 0.42.5
   3. MingW installed using mingw-get so I think the last stable version
   (gnu make 3.82, gcc 4.2.5 etc ...)

So i made a simple c project in eclipse using the first tutorial files i
found on the pd-extended source distribution (helloworld.c and the Makefile
in the same folder)

I modified the Makefile to set the PDROOT path for my windows box, defined
the targets clean, pd_nt in my eclipse project, setup the libraries, the
include paths and the library path and I think i had done this coherently

but ... I get 'undefined reference' (s) for all the pd symbols that are used
by helloworld.c i.e. pd_new, gensym, class_new, class_addbang, post

I really know that it should be a trivial path problem but I'm not able to
understand my mistake so if anyone can drive me to correct it i will
appreciate.

Thanks by now

P.S. please forgive my english