[PD] MinGW + Eclipse + MSWIN helloworld

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jul 15 17:22:12 CEST 2011

Ok, I checked in the CC=gcc for MinGW.  For the other two issues,
unfortunately its more complicated:

On Jul 15, 2011, at 5:06 AM, luca paganotti wrote:

> mycobject.dll is created by eclipse at the price of defining:
>
> CFLAGS = -I"C:/Programmi/pd/src" -Wall -W -g in place of CFLAGS = -
> I"$(PD_INCLUDE)/pd" -Wall -W -g

The header arrangement has changed in 0.43, so now all of the headers
are included in $(PD_INCLUDE)/pd.  We haven't quite figured out how to
handle that everywhere yet tho...

> PD_PATH = c:/programmi/pd in place of PD_PATH = $(shell cd "$
> (PROGRAMFILES)"/pd && pwd)

This little script to set PD_PATH works for me on my MinGW setup.  Can
you put the old PD_PATH line back in the Makefile and run 'make
showsetup' and send me the result?  You should see what its setting
PD_PATH to.  I'd like to get that working automatically.

.hc

> and declaring CC = gcc
>

> Perhaps Eclipse sets CFLAGS or LDFLAGS, which is overriding things in
> the Makefile?
>
> About this template, it is oriented around making libraries, so that
> includes the meta file for marking the folder as a library.  Setting
> it
> up is simple:
>
> - rename the template folder to the name of your library
> - rename template-meta.pd replacing 'template' with the name you just
> used for the folder
> - edit Makefile and put the library/folder/meta name in the first
> variable, LIBRARY_NAME
>
> Now you can set library meta data in the meta file, things like
> version,
> authors, etc.
>
> .hc

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom