[PD] HD Video?

Clifford Dunn beatleboy07 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:16:51 CEST 2011

Hi List,

First, I apologize for sending this to two lists simultaneously, but
it's a question that I am playing with the idea for both programs for
use.

At work, I'm being assigned a project to come up with some way to make
a video playlist for HD video. I'd like to use either Supercollider
and its video implementations or pd. The video files are all in HD
1080p and they have an audio track. We've been trying to use a
Brightsign player, but the audio and video gets pretty far out of sync
(the videos play fine and in sync with VLC).

So first, does SC with SCMovieView or SCQuartzComposerView support HD?
My assumption is that this is more based on Quicktime and Quartz
Composer, but I'd like to check.

Same question with pd. I admit I'm not as familiar with pd/gem as I am
with SC, but I want to keep all options open for this.

Finally, I'm most familiar with Mac OS X, but I am using PureDyne
Linux more and more and if the purchasers decide to go with something
cheaper than an Apple computer (which they probably will), I will be
trying to incorporate this project with Linux.  Are there any issues
here anyone will know of with HD video playback?

Thank you very much for your help!

Clifford Dunn
Flutist/Composer
http://www.clifforddunnmusic.com