[PD] Tone-Cluster Patch anyone?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jul 16 22:58:34 CEST 2011

That might work, but its better to install it like the FAQ says, then
use [import many] to load it in your patch.  For the 'many' examples,
you just need to install it to see it in the Help Browser.

.hc

On Jul 16, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion wrote:

> I installed the lib in the 'extra' folder on windows, then added the
> folder to pd-extended's start up list. Is this correct? I still get
> the [voicetest~] error, apparently the object is not included in the
> 'many' library. And i still get the same couldn't create $1 $2 $3 $4
> $5 $6 $7 $8 $9... Error. I tested the polypoly~ patch and it seems to
> be working just fine, it's just the 200voices test that is giving me
> this issue.
>
> Jeff
>
> On Thursday, July 14, 2011, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> wrote:
>>
>> You probably need to install the library, basically drop the 'many'
>> folder into the install folder for your platform:
>> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files
>> .hc
>> On Jul 13, 2011, at 9:00 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion wrote:
>> Martin, that's pretty good and a lot closer to how akihiko's sound
>> than I've been able to get.
>>  Hans I've downloaded the 'many' lib and I get this error when
>> running the 200-voices patch
>> voicetest~ 0 0 $0... couldn't create $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9...
>> couldn't create $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9... couldn't create  $1
>> $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9
>> in the main patch [voicetest~ 0 0 $0] doesn't create and the
>> variables from 1-9 are in the [voices-wrap~] instances, I'm sure
>> you knew that.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion <jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>> Hans,
>> Thanks for letting me know about the 'many' lib, I'll check it out.
>> And Martin I'll try out your patch asap. I think I read somewhere
>> about a [polyosc~] object or it could be a figment of my imagination.
>>
>> On Tuesday, July 12, 2011, martin brinkmann <mnb at martin-
>> brinkmann.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> it depends on the cpu. i have made a 'quick and dirty' cluster-synth
>>> patch (attached) with 192 not very (or at all) optimized
>>> oscillators,
>>> which produces about 20 percent load on my machine (3 ghz intel
>>> core).
>>> it should run on a atom-netbook. if you need more instances, it
>>> might be
>>> too much though. (and less voices do not sound that awful too...)
>>>
>>> another possible approach i can think of would be using ifft as a
>>> oscillator bank. though it is probably not trivial to calculate the
>>> spectrum. (or you will have to use a very large blocksize, to get
>>> enough
>>> 'frequency-resolution')
>>>
>>> bis denn!
>>>      martin
>>>

>> --
>> www.epicjefferson.com
>> www.avmachinists.org Puerto Rico based Art Collective/ Non-Profit Org
>>

>> --
>> www.epicjefferson.com
> [...]

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone."  --Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++)