[PD] reading a 4-channel aif

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Tue Jul 19 10:53:50 CEST 2011

Hi!

Michael Zacherl. wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    for recording four channels I used [open -bytes 3 filename] fed into [writesf~ 4] in an earlier session.
>
> Now I need to split this interleaved sound file up into four mono-files for importing them elsewhere.
You could use Sox or Audacity for example.
> I tried [open filename] -- [readsf~ 4] but just get digital noise.
> Since relying on its detection capabilities doesn't seem to work I tried to specify the  parameters, starting with  [open filename 0 200 4 3 b] .
Although AIF files are big-endian, did you try to use the "l" flag
nevertheless?

> It changes the noise but doesn't deliver the proper audio stream.
> Admittedly I'm not sure about the header size
> How could I get this to work?
Try as well: Converting the 24bit aif file to a 4Chn wav file (Sox) and
try that one. Convert the 24bit aif file to 16bits and try again. Make
sure to report back to the list with your results!
best, Peter