[PD] GOP Rendering Issue

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Jul 23 23:21:22 CEST 2011

Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>

>> OK, I just investigated this and the reason the edit mode is enabled
>> because I never encountered a need to dynamically change GOPs this
>way
>> and thus treated changes in canvas properties as editing of a patch
>> which (as a courtesy) automatically enables editing mode. The same
>goes
>> for editing of any other object's properties. e.g. create a vslider,
>> exist the editing mode, right-click on the vslider and select
>> properties, and the editing mode will be automatically enabled.
>
>Btw, GF documentation uses 'coords' and also renders things differently
>
>when in edit-mode. It would be bad if 'coords' set the edit mode.

It is not the coords message that does it but the fact that the said implementation in the example patch also calls donecanvasdialog call which should not be necessary as use of this call is trying to circumvent the fact that coords in vanilla implementation does not redraw in appropriate order for the said  gop resize to work properly. This however is not an issue in pd-l2ork with the said fix as it does not require donecanvasdialog to be called and thus no edit mode is triggered.

>| Mathieu Bouchard ---- tél: +1.514.383.3801 ---- Villeray, Montréal,
>QC

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork LinuxLaptop Orchestra
Assistant Co-Director, CCTAD
CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
Virginia Tech