[PD] Redis sync, async and subscriber client: Puredis

Louis-Philippe default at spiralix.org
Tue Jul 26 19:22:51 CEST 2011

I would probably do the asset loading from outside pd, most programming
languages have a redis client library.  For this kind of job Ruby, Python,
Perl, Lua or even V8 could do it.  I think this kind of script would be
trivial to implement.

Something could also be achieved from within Redis with Lua, using the soon
to be stable "Scripting Branch"
http://antirez.com/post/an-update-on-redis-and-lua.html
<http://antirez.com/post/an-update-on-redis-and-lua.html>But as the
Scripting Engine blocks Redis, I would not do anything to heavy in there,
still it would probably be fast and convenient.

Also, having the pdlua external loading stuff in redis from inside of PD
could also be an option to consider.

I'm sure these suggestions trigger more implementations ideas for the
experienced pd users.

Having a puredis-asset loader object as part of the puredis library could
also be a possibility, given a CSV, SQL or JSON file path, the object could
make sure redis is preset the right way.

what do you think?