[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jul 26 20:16:50 CEST 2011

On Jul 17, 2011, at 9:30 PM, athos bacchiocchi wrote:

> 2011/7/5 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>
> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/
>
> I recently did a push to fix key bugs to get the Pd-extended 0.43
> nightly builds in a useable state.
>

> I tried to install it in ubuntu 10.10 maverick (using the
> corrensponding i386 deb package).
> No icon appeared in the gnome panel menu, using "pd-extended" i get
> the "command not found" message.
>
> I checked the /usr/bin folder, and i found "pd", tried to launch it
> but i got this:
>
> priority 6 scheduling enabled.
> priority 8 scheduling enabled.
> sh: /usr/bin/pd-watchdog: not found
> Error in startup script: couldn't read file "/usr/tcl//pd-gui.tcl":
> no such file or directory

Unfortunately, the maverick build server went down, so you downloaded
an old build.  If you look at the date of the build you downloaded, it
says 21-Jun-2011.

Its not hard to build the package on Ubuntu, you just need to download
the code via rsync, install the right packages, then run the script:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/UbuntuMaverick
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/AutoBuildProcess

scarcity."        -John Gilmore