[PD] Porting PD to Java (feasible with Cibyl?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jul 29 00:29:32 CEST 2011

Glad to see there is progress, looking forward to the result :)
In your linking issue, looks like it can't find libm (pow, tan, etc),
pthreads, etc.

.hc

On Jul 28, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Andrew VanderVeen wrote:

> Yep, I'm already working with libpd.  I've removed x_net and
> s_loader, and chopped out the sections of s_inter that deal with
> sockets.  Everything compiles to .o files just fine now (with
> Cibyl's libc), but I'm having trouble at the linking step.  I'm not
> sure that this is a pd-related issue at this point (I don't think it
> is) since I think I've made the necessary modifications to pd, so I
> can direct my questions elsewhere.
>
> If anyone is interested, though, you can see my progress here (with
> output from GCC): https://github.com/appsfactory/jlibpd/wiki/Cibyl-
> Log and the Makefile for the project here: https://github.com/appsfactory/jlibpd/blob/master/Makefile
>
> If you have any suggestions or help, it would be appreciated.
> However, it's pretty unrelated to pd at this point, so don't worry
> about it unless you're interested in the port.
>
> Thanks for all the help guys!
> -Andrew
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>
> On Jul 27, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> Since you're most interested in the libpd approach, then you don't
> need to worry about the socket for the GUI.  That you can skip.
> Indeed that's the normal way with libpd.  As for [netsend] and
> [netreceive], those are a way
>
> please finish sentence...
>

> sorry, haven't slept much recently... those are a way to connect to
> other apps? I forget...
>

> .hc

> Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
> for machines to execute.
>  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne