[PD] find a list of numbers in a text file

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 3 10:09:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 11:51:17PM -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Back in the end of my masters, I did make something that allows you to load
> scales from the Scala software into Pd, which has a database of over 4000
> scales.
>
> Check the software and data bank here http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/
>
> It's an extremely powerful tool for microtonality, but you may not care for
> that and just want to use the scale data bank in Pd.
>
> Anyway, I have a way that exports the  from the Scala software into a text
> file that opens in this specific subpatch of mine.

My [tunetof] abstraction from 2006 uses a python script to convert Scala files to
a format, Pd can easily import to a [table]
See http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-04/037184.html
ff. It's in the Pd repository at /abstractions/footils/tunetof

Maybe you can make use of the Python parser?

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__