[PD] search plugin update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Aug 7 23:38:35 CEST 2011

On Aug 7, 2011, at 2:51 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Aug 2011, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> - on Mac OS X Cmd-Shift-= (i.e. Cmd-+) is the standard key for
>> increasing the size of the text.  Currently, its Cmd-=.
>
> It will break on keyboard layouts that are not QWERTY or that are
> heavily modified QWERTY.
>
> When I designed some things in the default DD keyboard bindings, I
> only had US keyboard and CF-family keyboards in mind (french QWERTY
> used in
> Québec) and then someone notified me that I couldn't distinguish Alt
> +Shift+1 from Alt+1 because 1 is already shifted in AZERTY (it's
> Shift-&, whereas & is not shifted).
>
> German QWERTZ has = on Shift+0 and * on Shift++, meaning + is
> unshifted ; however, Swiss QWERTZ has + shifted as Shift+1, and then
> there are other QWERTZ than that...

It'd be something to test, Cmd-+ might work as a keybinding, and would
then work on other keyboards.  Or perhaps you can just bind to both
Cmd-Shift-+ and Cmd-+.  For other platforms, its not a big deal since
the keybindings are not very consistent.  On Mac OS X, they are quite
consistent across OS and apps, so people notice wrong bindings a lot
more.