[PD] netsend/netreceive + GUI bug

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 9 04:12:15 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Jeppi Jeppi <jeppiot at hotmail.com> wrote:

> That's exactly what happens, some minutes after clients start sending
> massive OSC stuff to my server, its GUI freezes but PD works ok and I can
> operate with sliders and number boxes, though I can't see anything.
> Frustrating :)

I can confirm this behaviour.  I have run into a similar situation over a
year ago when I was sending audio over udp (using udpsend~/receive~ from
mrpeach collection).  However, the GUI would stop updating at different time
intervals.  Having become aware of this problem in a very short time before
an event, my workaround was another instance of Pd running a complementary
GUI (communicating, again, over udp/OSC but with lower data rate, maybe).
 Frustrating, indeed.  I spoke with Martin about this briefly and promised
to test more and try to put my finger on the problem but I never really got
around to it.  Anyways, this may not help but at least I'm glad to know I
was not crazy when I experienced that.  I have seen this both on MacOSX and
Linux, pdextended 42.5 (iirc).

./MiS