[PD] notes/questions from a beginner

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 22:38:54 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

I think I must have sent my last message only to András, but I looked around at the
tkzinc demos and found at least one obvious bug in the latest version.  Additionally there
was documentation that said rotation would work without using opengl, but on two
machine I experienced a crash with the corresponding demo if I compiled without
enabling gl support.  (Worked fine with opengl enable, though.)

Additionally, one of the demos showing off graphics interaction and transparency was
_extremely_ sluggish just moving a few rectangles around on the screen.  Add to that
another of the demos showing an air traffic control interface where the interval between
graphics updates was about 1sec, and I would say I don't think the tkzinc canvas
was designed with efficiency in mind.

But the grouping stuff and sensitivity levels are very cool.  As is the svg tiger.

All I could think of is adding these gems to the "Put" menu array dialog:

Array Properties

Name:
array1

Size: