[PD] (breaking symbols) was Re: find a list of numbers in a text file

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 08:41:53 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

I think my proposal of having Pd automagically make floats out of
selectors that look like numbers solves half of the problem, as well as
being consistent with what's written in the last paragraph of 2.3.1.  The
other half is already solved by [makefilename %d], and could be made
more consistent by having message boxes automagically convert $1
in "symbol 15" to a symbol-atom.  Possibly the same for the arg
to [symbol].

And possibly the same for [s 15] and [r 15], which makes them
consistent with the iemgui's automagic s/r-symbol conversion in the
properties dialog.

-Jonathan